The Great Little Trading Company is looking to grow their design team. We are looking for a design assistant who can work across both 3D design and surface artwork design. The successful applicant will be assisting and supporting the Design manager and Buying team, designing products including Children’s Furniture, Home Accessories, Textiles and Toys.
Who we are:
Founded in 1996, The Great Little Trading Company is a children’s retailer who design furniture, toys and home accessories. Since 2004, GLTC has won the annual “Best Children’s Retailer” award ten times, most recently in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Our products have won numerous awards both for design and for encouraging imaginative and interactive play.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Assist the design manager with the creation of new product concepts in line with brand strategy, across all of our product categories.
- Assist with the creation of technical drawings and print ready artwork to send to suppliers.
- Assist with the creation of card / paper mock ups to test product concepts.
- Assist with the creation of product instructions and packaging designs as necessary.
- Researching relevant retail, product and colour trends and compiling this information for review.
- Administrative design related tasks, project tracking etc.
Key Skills Required:
- A related degree such as Product / Furniture / Graphic Design / Illustration Design along with some related work experience.
- Good CAD skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. 3D modelling experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Strong time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines whilst also being able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as being self-motivated.
- Possess a flexible working approach; be proactive and willing to contribute wherever required.
This role will suit someone who is looking for the first step in their design career, supporting the design and development of children’s furniture, toys, home accessories and textiles whilst having the opportunity to develop their own skill set along the way.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands on design experience across a wide range of product areas in a fast paced, retail head office where you will be fully involved from day one. If this sounds of interest, please send a CV and 5 page portfolio, selecting the examples of your work that should clearly show your creative process as well as your CAD skills. Portfolio should be saved as PDF and not exceed 5MB.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note that due to the high level of applications we are expecting, only successful contacts will be contacted.
No agencies please.