This role offers a Graphic Designer an exciting new challenge of national importance, playing a critical role in designing award-winning content for the GREAT Britain brand – a multiple-award winning brand, currently valued at £271m and ranked within the UK’s top 50 brands.
You are naturally motivated, work well independently, are ambitious and have an exceptionally positive attitude. So if you have a passion for design and a portfolio demonstrating a range of ideas then this is the job for you.
The GREAT Britain campaign is the UK’s most successful international marketing campaign, active in 144 countries. The campaign promotes the best of the UK to the world, encouraging them to visit, study, invest and trade with us. The campaign is delivered through over 20 government departments, and through our international network of Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates, Trade Offices, British Council Offices and tourism offices as well as through partners and international organisations. To date, no other country has managed to replicate this approach.
Design delivery is through a multi-channel approach including print and digital. Our activities are extremely wide-ranging. They include: large-scale expos eg. Dubai; investment roundtables at No.10 Downing Street; royal tours overseas; international sporting events such as World Cups & Olympic Games; film launches such as Star Wars, James Bond, and Mary Poppins; GREAT Festivals in major markets; Fashion Weeks as well as a range of hard hitting business and tourism campaigns.
The campaign constantly seeks innovative and creative ways to get GREAT messages to our audiences; we have put branding on Tim Peake’s tee-shirt in space, a Mexican subway station, a French department store, the Tower of London, Tuk-tuks in Laos, McLaren’s F1 cars, the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, Heathrow airport… we are constantly pushing the boundaries
Your main responsibilities will include:
- delivering engaging design solutions including branding, publications, illustrations, campaigns, dynamic infographics, animations and animated GIFs
- working with colleagues across Whitehall and with our international posts – discussing each job, understanding the audience, considering practical solutions and developing your ideas and creative concepts
- working to agreed deadlines, following brand guidelines, industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, demonstrating an understanding of clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts to clients, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work will work for them
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a wider GREAT team and with the team at Design102
Essential experience and personal skills:
- creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- at least 4 years of industry experience
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator , Photogshop and ideally After Effects.
- excellent typographic skills
- familiarity with accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- the ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain ideas to clients
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- good teamworking skills
Your application should include your CV and covering letter.
Please also include, or provide a link to a portfolio including examples of your work.
You can find out more about us at design102.co.uk