The speed read:
A small-mid sized, well-established and successful agency is looking for a Junior Designer to join their friendly team in central London.
This agency create beautiful and relevant design solutions for their clients. They all stem from initial great ideas, so conceptual and branding skills are top priority here. As such, you'll have a good all-round knowledge of different disciplines, from crafting logos to executing pixel perfect website designs. Their clients range from the property sector, through to artisan/independent producers - with lots in between and they are always looking to push into new areas of business.
Day-to-day you'll find yourself attending briefing sessions; both internally and at times with the client attending too, to get to the bottom of their problems and needs. You'll conduct research - both visual as well as market - to help with strategic thinking and interpreting potential solutions. You should be confident in working independently, though you'll also support other designers on various projects over a broad range of deliverables.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an established team, to develop your skillset at an agency who retain their staff and reward them well.
- A great communicator
- Ideally interested in photography (this agency organises and directs a lot of shoots)
- Someone with a real eye for crafted design
- 1-2 years of industry experience and strong typographic skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. (Sketch and AfterEffects are a plus, but not essential)
- An understanding of responsive web design
An open mind and a willingness to learn