Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator
Are you looking for an opportunity to get into the architectural industry and start building your career? I have landed a new role on the outskirts of Brighton for an Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator, with a very reputable practice, working on a broad range of projects. As the result of a recent promotion, the practice are looking to take on and train up an Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator. This would be the perfect move to begin your career within the architectural industry.
- Position: Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator
- Location: Sussex, Brighton
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £18,000-£22,000 DOE
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established, design-led practice, specialise in various residential, mixed-use, retail, commercial and masterplanning projects throughout the UK, carrying them out from concept design and budget through to planning and completion. As a result of a recent internal promotion, the practice now have the need to take on and train up an Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator, to help coordinate their projects, clients and surveys and even get involved with supporting some of the Architects within the practice, on their projects.
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company and progression opportunities too.
- A competitive salary offered, depending on experience.
- Good holiday allowance.
- Annual staff team building days, including an all-expenses paid day abroad at Christmas.
- Great social scene within the office, with regular social events.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD training is encouraged and supported.
Your new role:
As an Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator, you will be spending time talking to clients and greeting people as they arrive and answering the telephone; so a good, friendly, personality is required. You will also need to assist with coordinating projects for the architectural team, ensuring clients, projects and surveys are all in order. The rest of your time will be spent getting involved in the design side, assisting Architects in the team and being taught various software skills and processes. You will need to collaborate with other members of the team and using strong organisational skills, assist with the smooth running of the practice. This is a very good opportunity to learn more about the industry and get a foot on the ladder to building your career; ideal for a graduate and someone without a lot of experience.
- An Architectural Assistant / Architectural Administrator with strong organisational skills and a raw talent for design would be beneficial for your application to be progressed.
- Any experience of CAD software would be ideal - preferably ArchiCAD, but AutoCAD or Revit would also be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (including learning technical terminology) - a people-person with a good personality is very much sought after.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple jobs - organisations kills are key for this role.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.