Them are a craft driven design agency with a broad range of clients and creative work. We are based in Shoreditch and looking for a dynamic Design Director.
We are a branding agency with a specialism in workplace design. Our work ranges from workplace consultation and design including experiential design, 3D installations, wayfinding, brand development, and website re-engineering. We have a reputation for high aesthetic delivery and creativity. Our clients work with us because they want their environment to set them apart with competitors and staff.
Clients include Sony Music, Primark, TJX (TK Maxx & HomeSense), National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain, MoreySmith, L&Q, London International Festival of Theatre (LIFT), Luton Culture, British Sugar, Ergonom, The Royal Institution.
Our CEO & Creative Director is taking a step back from the day to day overseeing of creative output, in order to focus on nurturing new business opportunities. So we’re looking for a Design Director who can take on some of those day to day creative responsibilities, but also get stuck in with design work too.
You will be responsible for motivating and developing our team of designers, inspiring and challenging them to produce exceptional, award-winning creative. You will also have a hands-on approach to projects, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
This is an exciting time to join Them Design, with ambitious growth plans, opportunities to work directly with our clients, and the chance to play a key role in leading the team as it grows. You must be a natural leader and enjoy mentoring the rest of the design team.
We’re looking for someone at Design Director level - ideally already at DD level, or someone with the ability to step up. The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in a senior position in a design agency.
- The ability to work well in team but can also work independently to deliver projects.
- A proven ability to brief, lead, collaborate and delegate, including outlining work to be carried out by the design team and freelancers, and ensuring creative outputs are on track to be delivered on time and to a high-standard.
- A proven ability to work well with external collaborators, eg illustrators, animators, 3D visualisers, photographers, copywriters.
- Exceptional conceptual and creative abilities.
- Exceptional ability to develop client relationships and balance clients needs in the studio. This will include the confidence to deliver pitches and articulate arguments.
- An ability to deliver the brand experience across the full range of physical and digital media, and how to translate that delivery into style guidelines. This includes specific knowledge of the design and production of 3D installations.
- Have a complete understanding of end-to-end print design and production, including good experience of costing jobs.
- Passion for and ideally experience in wayfinding, mapping spaces, and environmental design.
- Have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess excellent team leadership and nurturing skills.
Salary: Competitive for full time position dependant on experience.
How to Apply:
Please send CV and your portfolio to Chief Operating Officer, Amy Mole via the Apply button.
Closing date Monday 29 April at 12pm.
We will be interviewing candidates Wednesday 1st May – Friday 3rd May.