CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman
Are you a CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman with a background and proven knowledge and experience of designing and detailing in the construction industry? I am currently recruiting for a new role a company in Brighton, with a practice who have a great reputation in the local industry and this would be the perfect move to continue your career and gain new and exciting experience.
- Position: CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman
- Location: Sussex, Brighton
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £32,000 - £40,000
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice specialise in various interesting projects throughout the UK, at the moment, focusing on residential and education projects. They are particularly passionate about design, working collaboratively with clients, to achieve their briefs. They also offer a range of other services, including Project Management, Masterplanning and Interior Design. Due to a range of new projects having been realised, they are now looking to take on an experienced Senior Architect / Project Architect, who is proficient in AutoCAD.
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Ability to develop your skills and knowledge of roofing and cladding systems with industry experts, within the company.
- A supportive working environment and friendly team, as a key member of a growing and successful company.
- Annual staff team building days.
- Good social scene within the office.
- Good holiday allowance.
- UK pension contributions.
- A laptop to work on.
Your new role:
As a CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman, you will have the exciting opportunity to work under the Technical Director, across a broad range of projects and will be responsible for the design and detailing of a range of commercial, industrial and residential roofing and cladding systems. As a CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman, you should demonstrate excellent attention to producing detailed drawings, using AutoCAD and be adept at free-hand sketching too. You will work from client specifications and surveys to produce designs and carry out/assist with site surveys, communicating with site managers and material suppliers to find the most suitable design solution. As a CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman, you will also produce scheduling of materials and installation and manufacturing drawings. You will also need to attend and contribute to design meetings with clients and other members of the broader design team of a project.
- A CAD Designer / CAD Draughtsman with proven experience of designing and detailing in the UK construction industry, is essential to progress your application.
- A detailed knowledge of cladding and roofing systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of having previously worked on flat roof, standing seam, built-up, façade rain-screen systems and composite panels are ideal. Knowledge of curtain wall and windows would be advantageous too.
- Excellent experience of using 2D AutoCAD and Microsoft Office, is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to run multiple projects and stay organised are vital.
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of construction techniques and material costs.
What you need to do next
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.