Racing Post is a media company which focuses on horseracing, greyhounds, football and sports betting. The company publishes a daily national newspaper, runs multiple websites and mobile products including RACINGPOST.COM. It also has a growing B2B division. The business employs approximately 300 permanent staff and also hire freelancers and contractors.
The business has invested significantly in the development of digital/multimedia services for both existing and potential markets. Racing Post is a leading digital publisher with a number of world-class websites, spearheaded by RACINGPOST.com which includes an online subscription service. Racing Post has also developed a number of innovative mobile products which are crucial in extending the appeal of the brand to a new audience. In addition to racing-related products, Racing Post is also expanding its digital product range into sports and football, which is a growing area of the business.
We are currently looking to hire a Graphic Designer to provide a high quality graphic design / creative solutions service for all areas of the business – including print, web and other digital media.
The position will involve working between the hours of 11am-7pm, 7 days a week, on a rota.
The Graphic Designer will be required to:
- Produce high quality graphics and illustrations or a variety of purposes across the business
- Responsible for proofreading own work and others
- Research & photoshop suitable images
- General admin duties
- An excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to produce animated graphics/video using Flash, Edge or Premiere Pro
- Excellent design, artworking and typographic skills
- To initiate and deliver strong creative ideas
- The ability to work across numerous brand styles and follow brand guidelines
- To understand and be able to work to a provided brief
- To work accurately with great attention to detail
- Be able to multitask and juggle numerous projects
- To have an interest in new ‘design’ trends
- Keen interest in horseracing and sport
- HTML5, CSS3 and actionscripts
- Video editing
- Publishing environment experience
The position will come with a competitive salary, bonus, 25 days holiday, Private Healthcare and a great pension. We think we have an amazing working environment and culture and hope you will do too.