Senior Product Designer
Eat pizza, Design pizza ovens, Eat some more pizza. Rinse. Repeat.
- You are going to create the future of outdoor cooking with the world’s most innovative and popular pizza ovens and accessories. Your product design skill willhelp us expand the awesome Ooni range from a handful of products to dozens of epic products and product experiences.
- You’ll be instrumental in the product development cycle, from the very first sketch ideas through to mass production - you will shape the future of our products.
- You’ll be reporting to the Head of Product and will work closely with our in-house engineering and user experience teams. Regular interaction with our growing network of external manufacturing partners means you are very likely to travel.
- You’ll be involved in end-to-end management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture whist also contributing to other company-wide creative projects. This includes free rein to creatively explore your wildest (legal-and-vaguely-feasible-pizza-oven-based) fantasies.
Who is Ooni:
- In 2012 Ooni made the world’s first portable pellet pizza oven. It costs £199 and makes amazing pizzas in 60 seconds. Now we’re selling all over the world: America, John Lewis,the internet. EVERYWHERE!
- We’re growing really really fast and have no plans to slow down
- We’ve built a lovely new office south of Edinburgh. There’s a train station nearby or a car park if you prefer. We have 2 staff kitchens and a Nintendo. Our Christmas tree this year what a mighty 14-footer.
- We currently have around 40 staff members in the whole team. That was 24 this time last year and only 8 the year before that, we are growing and growing fast!
- These are our values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness. We really do live by them and demand them in everything we do. It isn’t just corporate mumbo jumbo to us, we genuinely live by these values.
The person we want will have a wide range of skills. Things we are looking for in you include:
What we love:
- An aptitude for creative functional problem-solving with a great eye for product aesthetics.
- A technically-minded focus with the ability to deliver robust technical documentation for mass manufacture.
- The ability to communicate effectively with the product and engineering teams and to engage with external suppliers and manufacturers both in the UK and internationally.
- Fluency with Solidworks is essential. Adobe creative suite and MS office work packages a big plus.
- Experience in a senior role or lead designer with the ability to manage the design process and inspire the team around you.
What we need:
- BA Industrial or Product Design .
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience working in-house or within a consultancy environment - basically a great understanding of product design fundamentals.
- Experience taking products from concept to mass manufacture with a broad understanding of common manufacturing processes.
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills.
- You get to work here. It rocks.
- Salary - we believe in rewarding people fairly.
- A free Ooni pizza oven when you start and a 50% discount on any other Ooni products.
- £500 tax free each year to spend on your Passion – whatever that may be.
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Seriously. Every. Single. Day.
- Weekly yoga classes.
- We’ll teach you to become a pizza master.
- Pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance program.
- A half day off for your birthday.
If you need to know more, have a look at our website. Read a bit about our values and products and just have a wee Google. If you like what you see and you fit the bill, send in:
- A short cover letter on why you’d like to join Ooni
- PDF portfolio of your most impressive and appropriate work
We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us - so please don’t forget that bit. By the way, since you’ve been reading this - we’ve just made 3 pizzas.