Design Lead (Brand)
Design Lead (Brand) - 5081
£38,010 to £45,603 pa
UAL - High Holborn
We are looking to recruit a strategic Design Lead (Brand) to join our friendly and creative brand team.
You will lead a joined-up approach to design across UAL. Working with colleagues from across the organisation, you will deliver strategic brand design projects for external and internal audiences across a range of print and digital platforms.
You will support the development of the UAL brand and its relationship to UAL Colleges, departments and sub-brands using a solid understanding of brand design. You will bring together both internal and external design resource to ensure a greater level of discussion and coordination of design output exists across the organisation.
You will play a key role in delivering the brand strategy across all UAL marketing and communication channels.
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for creativity, bringing together six colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. We have around 19,000 students and 5,000 staff, based at six colleges across London.
We provide transformative education and world-leading research and enterprise and are at the centre of public debate for the future of arts, design, fashion and communication and an inspirational environment for students, staff and wider communities. We are engaged in a number of major change programmes over the next five years, including moves for two of our largest colleges, London College of Communication and London College of Fashion. We aim to be an equal opportunities employer embracing diversity in all areas of activity.
You will be a strategic designer and an excellent communicator with the confidence to deliver design leadership across a large and complex organisation.
- You are educated to at least an undergraduate level within Graphic Design or relevant area
- You have a good understanding of UX design principles
- You have significant experience in a similar role within an in-house or agency environment
- You have a proven track record of leading successful brand development initiatives and a strong portfolio of commercial design work
- You have significant experience in designing for digital platforms and communication channels as well as liaising with external printer
- You have experience of working in or with marketing and communications teams
- You have relevant experience in your own area of work, can answer colleagues’ questions and be able to work independently without direct supervision
- You communicate effectively orally and in writing, adapting messages for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
- You motivate and lead a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- You plan, prioritise and manage resources effectively to achieve objectives
- You suggest practical solutions to new or unique problems
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 8 April 2019.
At UAL, everyone's identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.