Senior Packaging Designer
Role: Senior packaging (label) designer
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000
Location: Central London
Sector: Wine, spirits, alcoholic beverages
My client, a market leader in the premium alcoholic beverage sector is searching for a senior packaging designer to help guide their small London based design team and develop the business in the UK and foreign markets.
The role will involve leading a team, liaising with the CCO and senior members of the business to drive the brand forward. Further to this the chosen candidate will be hands on in the design process when it comes to label design and (possibly) 3D bottle design.
- To deliver outstanding creative brand ideas and brand design on a project by project basis.
- To execute brilliantly crafted, bespoke design solutions under the direction of the Creative Director.
- To work unison with the wider design and design management team ensuring effective communication, good time management and excellent project delivery.
- To embrace and champion our product superiority and attention to detail approach to design ensuring a collaborative approach at all stages of the creative process.
- To ensure the effective usage of the strategic design tools and processes
- To ensure that creative intent and integrity is maintained during the transition from concept to implementation and production on our lines.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience of working in the Premium Wine and Spirits sector across a broad range of clients and product sectors at significant and successful creative consultancies or leading companies. (Advantageous but not vital)
- Proven loyalty to past endeavours
- Appropriate level of design education with a degree/or equivalent in their chosen specialism.
- Strong understanding of brands and the role of design within the world of brands.
- Fluency in traditional creative brand design skills, including freehand sketching, drawing, and typography.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams (specifically alongside structural designers & illustrators)
- Ability to think and communication big ideas powerfully in words as well as visually.
- Good knowledge of label printing and various packaging technologies relevant premium wine & spirit's business.
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency in the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- High quality visualization skills
- Any 3D computers skills are an advantage
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written.
- Organised and the ability to organise projects and resources accordingly
- Team player who embraces and excels in collaboration with others
- Positive and inspiring can-do attitude