Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
A superb opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join a world renowned, award winning Interior Design company in West London. You will be heading up and ensuring the successful delivery of complex design projects, managing several clients through the contract stages, assisting with design development, estimations, technical evaluation and project completion and handover.
It is a client facing role and you would be working on multiple projects. You would also oversee the co-ordination of design and contractor work, the preparation of detailed cost plans/budget guidance for client presentation/review and consideration of all commercial aspects of the projects.
The Senior Project Manager role involves managing multiple clients from initial client meeting through all contract stages.
- Taking the Senior Project Manager role on projects supported by the team of interior designers and consultants.
- With overall responsibility for the successful delivery of complex design projects you will be arranging and preparing Client and Supplier meetings, taking minutes at project meetings, administration of the design projects and contracts, preparing Project Programmes and timelines and reading and analysing documents, both for consultants and the Studio.
- Generate monthly reports on the progress of the project, manage project finances in conjunction with other members of the team and work with the team to enable creative marketing.
- Lead and take overall responsibility for a large scale, high end commercial project which could include cruise-ship, spa, hotel, retail and residential.
- Working across two design teams and two major projects.
- Manage any contractual/ payment issues with your clients.
- Develop detailed project schedule for the project team.
- Entire responsibility for client liaison and ensuring project runs to schedule, budget and brief.
- Consulting with clients – determining requirements and preparing information regarding design, equipment, costs and implementation.
- Account management – maintaining client relations throughout, keeping client informed regularly, negotiation of critical issues.
- Responsible for, and involvement in, all project stages including: brief writing, kick-off meetings/brainstorms, presentations, concept design, schematic design, detailed design, implementation, and on site delivery.
- Overall responsibility of the standards of design quality control and creative fit.
- Oversee, mentor and coordinate the project team of up to 15 people including associate designers, senior designers, project coordinator, FF&E designers, CAD technicians, graphics and admin support.
- Experienced designer with 8-12 years’ experience of working in interior/architectural design on high end, large scale, luxury projects, within the hospitality, commercial, hotel, residential sectors.
- Proven creative and management abilities.
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Extensive Project Management experience in all phases of design projects.
- AutoCAD, MS Project, Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketchup.
- The ability to interpret design concepts and an advanced knowledge of design principles.
- Extensive knowledge of construction methodology, materials application and design trends.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, FF&E, finishes, lighting and other materials.
- An up to date understanding of relevant regulations and health and safety codes.
- Experience in cruise-ship/maritime design.
If you would like to be a part of this fantastic studio, then please apply using the online form below.
Please ensure you attached both your CV and portfolio in PDF Format when applying for this position.
J.A.Y Design Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.