An extremely varied role for a facilities assistant has opened up at a global architectural practice, based in Central London. The facilities assistant will report to the facilities manager and is responsible for maintaining the facilities help desk, logging day-to-day tasks, updating facilities processes/procedures and the asset register. Liaising with suppliers and contractors, supporting the FM to ensure the working environment within the practice remains at a high standard, compliant with all current legislation & regulations suitable for business activities and for our employees and visitors.
- Overseeing and organising the facilities help desk responding to in-coming tickets.
- Advising staff via email of faults and planned maintenance.
- Filing for facilities team.
- Assisting FM with tendering, budgets and other documentation.
- Management of all keys including lockers, issuing, ordering replacements etc.
- Daily housekeeping checks and completing regular audits for reporting issues and defects.
- Ordering of materials and consumables.
- Assist FM with any ad-hoc duties which may be required.
- To act as a key holder in FM’s absence for the practice.
- Setting-up and re-set of meeting rooms ensuring they are left tidy and in good order where required.
- Reporting and organising regular and routine maintenance and repairs.
- Assisting with internal/external events.
- Assign/replace and delete temporary and permanent security cards as required.
- Liaise with security companies arranging additional guarding, servicing etc.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Working towards Health & Safety qualifications to assist with risk assessments, implementing, monitoring and reviewing according to the business needs such as, workstations, maternity and general building risk assessments.
- Assist with arranging fire wardens and first aiders' training ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Assist with fire drills and all emergency and evacuation procedures as appropriate.
- Monitoring and recording of energy consumption through utilities meters.
- Liaise with recycling companies and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Liaising with the HR coordinator to conduct Health & Safety inductions for new starters.
Skills and Experience
- Cheerful and positive disposition with a “can do” attitude who is an effective team player.
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to work out of office hours & weekends when required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise workload effectively and excellent time management.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to cope under pressure.
- Interested in working towards Health & Safety qualifications.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Confident with the ability to use own initiative and work with little guidance.