Designer, FTC, Ref 19/017
Designer, FTC, Ref 19/017
Hours per week: 37
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 + generous benefits
Contract: Fixed term to April 2020
We are the largest community funder in the UK – we’re proud to award money raised by National Lottery players to communities across the UK. Last year alone we gave out over half a billion pounds (£508.5 million) of National Lottery funding to over 11,000 community projects across the UK, enabling even more people and communities to bring their ideas and ambitions to life.
At the heart of everything we do is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive. National Lottery funding is open to everyone and we’re privileged to be able to work with the smallest of grassroots groups right up to large UK-wide charities.
We are looking for diverse and talented people who share our values and are passionate about funding great ideas that matter to communities and make a difference to people’s lives.
Are you passionate about design? Are you looking for a new challenge in a hands-on design team? Do you enjoy working on projects from concept through to completion?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated designer looking for a creative and varied role at the centre of a unique organisation working with community groups across the UK.
We are looking for a talented Designer to join our team at an exciting time following the launch of our refreshed brand. Part of a fast-paced, creative team, working with colleagues across the organisation, you will play a key role in overseeing the creative development of our refreshed brand as it is rolled-out across the UK.
You will receive briefs from across the organisation and design materials for a wide range of audiences. This role is integral to the design and representation of our visual identity and will provide design support for all of our UK offices. A creative thinker, full of ideas, you’ll be confident in interrogating briefs and providing strategic advice and guidance on how to create high quality, on brand products.
You will keep up-to-date on the latest in design aesthetics, providing guidance on a range of design applications to enhance our brand presence and impact.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about design and always striving to produce work of the highest standard.
- Strong practical experience of delivering creative design and content to support external and internal facing materials
- Strong typography skills, experience of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Good communication and editing skills
- The ability to help support communication activities around influencing objectives and different target audiences
- Planning and resource management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Experience in integrated communications activity using a variety of channels
- Able to interrogate briefs and provide design and communications expertise to colleagues
- Experience of working in a similar role, either in-house or agency
- HTML and CSS experience (desirable)
We seek to develop our staff and offer a wide range of personal development opportunities.
We offer a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
- Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket and cycle to work loans
- Paid volunteering leave
How to apply
To apply online and further details about our application process, the Fund’s work, and our range of excellent benefits, please click the Apply button.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your supporting statement or email your portfolio to HRTeam@tnlcommunityfund.org.uk. Please note that if you are not selected, your portfolio will be removed from our system.
Closing date: 17 March 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 18 March 2019
The Fund is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities and will respond positively to meet individual needs throughout the recruitment process. Once in post, the Fund will ensure that any appropriate reasonable adjustments to our workplace are made, in order to support colleagues with any form of disability.