Leading wholesale distribution company specialising in supplying gift packaging and retail display to the speciality food and drinks markets, is currently looking for a talented Mid-weight Graphic Designer to join their busy team. Our clients vary greatly from local deli and greengrocer to well-known brands Majestic, Harrods and Fortnum & Mason.
Born 30 years ago, we have grown steadily over the years, yet we've kept our family-orientated mentality. We're a close knit company with a muck-in culture.
Who we are looking for:
Working under the Creative Director and Senior Designer you will have 3+ years of experience (either in-house or for an agency), and will feel comfortable working within our 3 person design team, 10 person marketing team & colleagues from various departments.
You will be responsible for conceptualising creative designs for an array of media for the needs of internal marketing and external clients. Our design team produces all internal print and digital collateral you see online at wbc.co.uk, including our annual Product Directory, 4+ inspirational product focuses and all of our branded materials, so very strong editorial experience is a must. We're looking for someone who has strong illustration skills (good hand skills), is able to conceptualise and produce illustration for digital output.
This is an exciting, demanding role in an ever-changing, fast-paced creative studio.
The ideal candidate will be talented, with plenty of initiative, gets things done with a positive & can-do attitude. We're looking for a creative who is reliable and accountable for their work, and can ﬁt within our close-nit company culture.
You will be responsible for designing a variety of editorial layouts across print and digital platforms.
A good understanding of the silk screen process is necessary, as will you will need to set up simple layouts usually in 1 or 2 colours. Much of this role involves dealing with inexperienced clients supplying artwork in unsuitable formats and explaining to them what is achievable.
Other print work will include the design of ﬂyers, advertisements for magazines and mini brochures (Oﬄine and Online). Create 3D Visuals (Photoshop) for variety of packaging concepts. Maintain and graphic guidelines of the company’s brand and collateral.
Skills & Technical Experience Required
- Strong creative, typographical and Editorial design and layout skills.
- Strong illustrative skills as lots of our briefs involve illustrative solutions.
- Great taste and an amazing eye for detail. Web Design Experience (UX UI) is a bonus!
- Deadline, time management and organisational skills. You must be able to demonstrate excellent designer competency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CC.
- You must be Mac proﬁcient. Photo retouch skills a must.
- Great organisation skills and quick to meet deadlines.
- 3+ years' of commercial graphic design experience
- Editorial Experience - Superb Layout and Typographic skills
- Strong and versatile illustration skills
- Excellent English - verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a visa to work in the UK or European passport
The right candidate will be a team player with a muck in attitude, able to work within restricted time schedules whilst keeping their focus when pressure is on. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing private company with a global client base and room for career progression in the future.
Candidates are asked to apply with an electronic portfolio and CV (or link to your website) and covering letter via the Apply button.
Due to the volume of applications it is not always possible to reply to everyone