Head of Creative
Fantastic opportunity to be part of this global giftware brand steeped in heritage with a desire to be the worlds most loved stationary, cards and gifts brand’ To be responsible for the creative execution and delivery of the brand vision
Reporting to the brand director the role will involve:
- Bring to life brand defining, creative and original ideas and encourage a team culture where people can express and share their opinions freely.
- Push the boundaries to ensure we are an industry leading brand who challenges the status quo around innovation and creativity.
- Champion the development of innovation, whilst delivering brand consistency and customer focus when interpreting briefs and delivering projects.
- Be fresh thinking, ideas driven, innovative, hands on and organised to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Creatively lead and oversee all idea generation and design solutions for complex projects, working with key stakeholders and striving for excellence on every project.
- Be a specialist, partnering with other creative counterparts ensuring a 360-degree approach to creative development.
- Have an in depth knowledge and understanding of the brand and articulate it across all creative touch points and also influence others to ensure this is delivered.
- Understand the customer and bring them to life for the creative teams enabling them to anticipate our customers’ needs and desires, keeping us ahead of the competition.
- To unlock the creative spirit and nurture the potential of the creative team to have original ideas.
- Lead, inspire and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of creatives in the holistic development and delivery of creative, innovative and affordable stationery, cards and gifts as well as supporting creative concepts and graphic communications.
- Provide both creative and day-to-day leadership to help drive the brand vision, mission and values.
- Brief and direct illustrators, photographers and freelance resource where required to produce on brand creative materials.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and share developments and trends in design, the current stationery, cards and gifts market, as well as keeping up to date with general fashion, beauty and retail trends.
- Champion Employee Engagement to ensure top talent is retained and business KPIs are achieved
The ideal candidate will need the following experience and ideally have held a head of creative or creative lead position within a global consumer brand. You will be experienced managing and mentoring a team of creatives and designers and overseen the creative output of the inhouse studio.
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design or Art related (or equivalent)
- Strong people manager with experience in leading fast paced in-house creative studio to deliver multiple projects is essential
- Proven track record in turning trend insights, customer profiles and brand vision into compelling creative output
- Experience of delivering to critical path on time and on budget
- Excellent crafting skills which include ideas, typography, layout, colour, composition, materials etc
- Client-facing experience with excellent presentation and pitching skills as well as experience of developing client relationships
- In depth knowledge and experience of retail, marketing communications and delivering creative products and design solutions
- Excellent knowledge of artwork, reproduction, print, production and finishing processes
- Good knowledge of digital design and digital production