Senior UI Designer (12 month fixed term contract)
This is a Senior UI Designer role primarily working on the most recognised food brand in the UK, BBC Good Food. The role requires an understanding of Design Systems and applying common UI patterns whilst always aiming to achieve user objectives.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing in-house Experience Design team in a successful publishing and media company in Hammersmith, London.
What we would like to see…
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills
- Experience applying and demonstrating a user centric approach to projects
- Experience working on the UI for responsive web
- Experience with design systems and atomic design
- The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
- A good understanding of front-end technologies
- Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
- Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
At Immediate we are keen to promote equality and diversity with all of our roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance, as such, for this role we are happy to discuss flexible working options.
Working with us is rewarding and we like to have some fun along the way… here is the highlight video from our Summer Festival, IMFest:
Joining a 10 strong Experience Design Team at Immediate, this Senior UI Designer will work collaboratively with UX Architects and Designers, Front End Developers and Product Owners on a regular basis. They should be comfortable supporting the BBC Good Food a digital roadmap and delivering that on mobile tablet and desktop. They must have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centered (evidence-based) Design and a curiosity for the unique challenges of designing for mobile and touch.
- Collaborative & Adaptable – This designer role does not work alone – they must naturally consult with, and collaborate with, UX Architects, Developers and Stakeholders. Must be able and willing to adapt approach to problem solving when presented with unforeseen design challenge. Understands and can work in an agile / iterative delivery process.
- User-centric and Mobile First approach
- Confident in digital & Web Usability
- Commercial awareness
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
- Solid Visual Design skills
- Strong evidence of solid interaction design
- Constantly weaving rules of accessibility into every project
- Prototyping skills (to test design assumptions with users)
- Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs, as necessary
- Maintain a mobile-first approach
- Detail focused
- Confident in building design guidelines to support decisions
- Ability to use UX research to inform designs
- Able to present their work confidently, and with user evidence to colleagues and stakeholders
- Font Management
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- MS Office
- UX tools (for graphic display)
- Coding experience