Lead Graphic Designer
Lead Graphic Designer
£35,590 pro-rata per annum
Application Deadline: 12 Noon on Monday 28 January 2019
The British Museum is offering an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Graphic Designer to join its Marketing team. Design plays an important role at the Museum as the strength of our brand and visual language is critical to how we reach our audiences. This role will take the lead on developing visual approaches for all major design briefs for the Museum's marketing materials. We are looking for someone who can work with the strong visual brand of the British Museum, creating outstanding designs that are appropriate to the audience and reflect the Museum's aims and objectives. The role will be central in a highly creative environment working on stimulating projects, be an advocate for the highest design standards and creatively inspire and guide other designers in the Marketing design team.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Designing graphic solutions for marketing for all applications of major Museum campaigns (including on-site, outdoor/off-site advertising, print and digital)
- Ensure the Museum's visual language guidelines are adhered to in all creative executions
- Direct other designers in the Marketing Department, inspiring creative solutions through practical demonstration
- Produce and supply artwork for print, or upload files for digital production, to the highest standards, liaise with external suppliers, and oversee production.
- Ensure successful delivery of allocated design projects, handling multiple jobs concurrently
The successful candidate will hold a degree or equivalent in graphic design and have extensive design experience, both print and digital, at a senior level in a marketing studio environment. You will have in-depth knowledge of print production, and be able to demonstrate exceptional and wide-ranging creative solutions, whilst maintaining attention to detail. You will have proven skills using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, the ability to guide internal clients through a design brief and present design concepts to stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who can work creatively in a busy environment on several project simultaneously, therefore you must have strong organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task and cope under pressure. You will have good interpersonal skills, be able to manage and direct other designers, photographers, and illustrators, and act as a mentor for the design team.
To be considered for this role candidates must complete both the online application via our website, and also submit a maximum of five pieces / pages of design work in PDF format, demonstrating creative ability and breadth of experience to including 'Lead Graphic Designer recruitment' in the email subject line. Please note that links to website will not be considered.