Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date: 20/01/19
Job summary and Responsibilities
Help us make the right things
We are looking for passionate and experienced service designers to join one of the first dedicated Service Design teams within Local Government. Our ambition is to re-imagine public services to be faster, better and cheaper, building on the successes of the Government Digital Service to establish new ways of working across Essex County Council. We share our progress and things we’re learning on the ECC Service Design blog
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking service design team in local government
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams through the design process, from user research to creating and testing new solutions and influencing the strategic direction and delivery of services at scale
- Engage directly with stakeholders and service users to design and deliver meaningful, measurable change
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
The kind of experience you might bring:
- Solving complex service design challenges, and contributing to design concepts for public services that are simple enough for everyone to use
- Scope, visualize and clearly communicate research, ideas and concepts using the most appropriate methods and approaches
- Identify ways of reducing costs while improving service outcomes, and applying service-oriented thinking to organisation structures, processes and capabilities
- In process improvement and the design of new business processes, with a focus on making testable services, not just artefacts
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter via the Apply button.
For any queries about applying for a role, please contact Kevin Seymour at the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
You can also find out more about service design at ECC at our blog or if you would like an informal conversation with the hiring manager please contact; Victoria.James@essex.gov.uk
Knowledge, skills and experience
For more information please click the link to view the full role profile.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Interviews to be held week commencing 28th January 2019.