Working Hours: Full-time
Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum
Primary Location: Chelmsford
Closing Date: 20/01/19
Job summary and Responsibilities
Help us make the right things
We are looking for passionate and experienced interaction designers to join one of the first dedicated Service Design teams within Local Government. Our ambition is to re-imagine public services to be faster, better and cheaper, building on the successes of the Government Digital Service to establish new ways of working across Essex County Council. We share our progress and things we’re learning on the ECC Service Design blog.
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking service design team in local government
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to develop new ways for users to interact with council services across different channels, devices, browsers and platforms
- Engage directly with stakeholders and service users to design and deliver meaningful, measurable change
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
The kind of experience you might bring:
- Designing and delivering accessible, secure, responsive user interfaces that are simple enough for everyone to use.
- Identifying opportunities for change and improvement, and helping services work in ‘smarter’, more focused ways.
- Building influential relationships with stakeholders and challenging decisions that don’t meet user need
- Creating sketches and workable prototypes including using front-end web technologies
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter via the Apply button.
For any queries about applying, please contact Kevin Seymour at the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
You can also find out more about service design at ECC at our blog or if you would like an informal conversation with the hiring manager please contact; Victoria.James@essex.gov.uk
Knowledge, skills and experience
For more information please click the link to view the full role profile.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Interviews to be held week commencing 28th January 2019.