This is a great opportunity for a Design Director with strong photography and packaging design credentials. Our Client’s successful business creates and produces branded content and packaging design for their blue chip retail and FMCG Clients. Their end-to-end service includes brand strategy, creation and development through to content strategy, planning, creation and production. An in-house crew of 160 includes photographers, producers, designers, videographers, retouchers, set builders, client service, all on hand to help you bring your ideas to life.
- Lead the design of packaging and off-pack communications together with the creation of brand guideline documents, the production of illustrated assets and infographics and photographic art direction – particularly food photography.
- Develop strong effective relationships with clients, based on a solid understanding of their business and your exceptional design and content expertise.
- Hands-on responsibility for project delivery and quality, seeing work through to the final delivery phases, including working through feedback and amends as appropriate.
- Managing, motivating and mentoring the design team, including recruitment and team structure.
- Responsible for key clients based in Leeds. You can be based in London and spend a minimum of 3 days a week in Leeds. Alternatively, you may live in or near Leeds and be based fulltime in our Leeds office. You will report into the London based Creative Director. However, you thrive on taking accountability for your responsibilities and working autonomously.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Solid track record gained in top design or integrated agencies. It’s unlikely you will have less than 8 years’ experience.
- Strong portfolio of branding across different medium. Packaging design and art direction of large photographic shoots, particularly food, is essential.
- Track record of working with clients to understand their business, goals and customers along with the problems and challenges they need to solve, in order to deliver effective and beautifully crafted solutions.
- Uncompromising high standards, flawless aesthetic and passion for design, creativity and photography.
- A confident “can do” attitude with a relentless focus on creating great work each and every time.
- Tenacious and resilient. You work effectively under significant pressure, often with limited resources, competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Strong leader who inspires and empowers your team.
- A team player who creates an environment of collaboration across all those working on a project.
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills.
- Clued into what’s happening in the world at large and particularly innovation/ popular culture/tech/marketing/digital trends that impact the business.
- A professional approach and a sense of humour. You will be an optimistic and positive force for the business.
Please submit your portfolio and CV via the Apply button.
Apply for Design Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly