Lead Integrated creative role for a developing communications agency focused on projects for social good. This company is fast becoming renowned for its work within the third sector and produce a range of print and digital deliverables including microsites, magazines, posters, social media assets, banners, internal documents, video content, animations, brand guidelines, logos and photography.
The Lead Creative will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day output of the creative team working with the Studio Manager to ensure that work is produced to the highest possible standard and on time. He or she will have final signoff and need to approve all work leaving the studio. This is a client-facing role so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable presenting ideas to non-creative people.
The role also involves supporting the Executive Creative Director in challenging the current creative standards and developing innovative creative solutions.
The current team includes 6 full-time designers, 2 studio/production staff and a number of freelancers. The Lead Creative will be expected to manage the staff on a daily basis and take responsibility for two to three designers as line manager, conducting monthly one-to-ones, overseeing development and creating training plans for them.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Monitor all work in the studio, intervene as necessary to maintain and improve standards
- Sign off all work in the studio; ensuring accuracy for digital and print-ready artwork.
- Work with designers to produce work within corporate design and style guidelines for each client
- Interpret briefs and ensure final product reflects the client needs as well as the their overall communications objectives
- Ensure projects are delivered to brief and provide good value for money
- Act proactively, foresee problems and help select effective solutions
- Work closely with communications teams to ensure the right projects briefs are accepted giving strategic advice at the beginning of campaigns.
- Conduct monthly one-to-ones with team members.
- Create training and up-skilling programmes for team members.
- Liaise with project management to improve workflow and processes
- Set a creative vision for the creative team
- Demonstrate and champion the importance of ideas.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Help create a culture of excellence using best practice from commercial and 3rd sector business models.
- Create ideas-led campaigns for clients.
- Source and manage external resources to bring creative ideas to fruition.
- Take the lead on pitches; helping to create pitch-winning ideas and assist the team in producing pitch presentations.
- Produce ideas to help the creative team promote itself inside and outside of the parent organisation.
- Investigate and suggest other multi-media outputs as solutions to briefs in particular projects.
This job would be suitable for a senior creative looking to step into a more managerial role, or someone with management experience already.
Ideally experience of working in third-sector agency or in-house team delivering strong design solutions
Experience of client liaison and project management .
Industry experience of the full range of design packages including: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Experience of working under pressure to changing demands and timescales
Understands the role of communications within an organisation, the uses of all tools and channels and is confident in dealing with communications issues.
Displays sensitivity, tact and diplomacy and is comfortable working with senior managers when required.
Has good attention to detail, and can generate ideas which are clear for the end user. Has imagination and flair to think laterally about campaigns and the use of communications tools, displaying flexibility in responding to rapidly changing circumstances.
Previous experience of project management, keeping accurate records, ensuring files are up to date at all times. Ensures a project is ‘perfect’ before passing on to the client
Acts proactively, foresees problems and selects effective solutions, thinking quickly, analytically, logically and proactively as required.
Competitive salary based on experience
25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays).
2-days paid volunteering per year
And other socially led team events.