This multidisciplinary design and engineering company are currently looking to recruit a BIM Manager to work on infrastructure projects. They are leaders in their sector and are looking for a talented and enthusiastic techician to join their team in Warwick!
To develop and implement a fully tailored BIM offer and train Colleagues in the use of Revit for design and co ordination through all stages of the project process.
The role is crucial to the success of any BIM project as data exchange is key and where design Consultants and Supply chain contractors are inputting information with separate software tools then the coordination of that data exchange is at the core of the success of producing an Asset Information Model
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of BS 1192, PAS 1192-2 and other BIM standards
- Implement the project specific standards set by the BIM Project Manager and set-up the BIM Execution Plans.
- Carry out model validation checks, coordination reviews and liaise with model managers for resolutions.
- Support the deployment of field data management system, review validity of information collected against information deliverables.
- Facilitate delivery of federated 3D model, hosted and linked BIM
- Ensure that data exchange protocols are adhered to by the project team and liaise with design team manager on compliance issues.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage and supervise team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to the customer brief
- Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the customer brief in respect of BIM
- Implement Autodesk software, CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Develop, review and evaluate 3rd party packages to aid the design
- Manage performance of the department from a technical perspective
- Manage and supervise the training and development of both the BIM/CAD team and advise on training to improve the BIM design offering
- Set up BIM modelling environment and communicate access procedures to the project team
- Set up and maintain Common Data Environment for a project, in consultation with Document Control, procurement and other related parties who have systems where data needs to be shared
- Provide support to technicians and graduates in their professional development
- Establish quality control procedures to check that all of the models are accurate and the level of detail is fit for purpose
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to customer standards
- Ensure thorough processes for checking the accuracy of deliverables produced by the team
- Implement and manage administration duties across the team and customise CAD environment to align with company standards and procedures
- Responsible for the overall production and quality of drawing deliverables, general arrangement in accordance with standards and procedures
- Manage and supervise the team drawing configuration, ensuring accurate document control
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Report to operational management team to ensure that resource requirements are utilised
- Develop positive relationships with customers
- Manage project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives
- Present in-house and customer CAD courses and seminars
- Promote and implement design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Assist with PQQ & bid responses in regards to BIM related
- Be part of the national BIM strategy working group for wider company development and benefit
Qualifications and training
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrable experience as a BIM Coordinator
- Likely to hold professional qualification
Technical skills and experience
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined team would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Track record of providing and manage a BIM service to external customers
- Ability to prioritise own workload and undertake instructions from operational management team
- Ability to manage an AutoCAD I Revit I Microstation 2D, 3D 4D and VR software environment accurately and efficiently
- Ability to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of all aspects of the CAD service
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and Negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan a nd achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
If this sounds like you apply now! Or call me on 0203 680 0640 to discuss similar roles!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.