A design-led architecture and interior practice in central London are currently seeking a technical designer to work on a number of projects across the commercial sector. This would initially be a contract role with potential to become permanent.
- Develop technical drawing packages from concept drawings to full construction packages.
- Ability to produce of high end joinery packages.
- Ability to work within a busy environment with projects running in simultaneously.
- Proactively helping problem-solving to overcome architectural and technical problems.
- Liaising with consultants and coordinating projects.
- Writing of specifications and schedules.
- Ability to prepare planning drawings and applications.
- Work independently organising daily duties, managing deadlines, set up meetings and report back to project leads and directors regularly throughout any project.
Skills & Experience
- A degree in architecture, interior architecture, interior design or equivalent subject.
- Proven experience working in commercial interior architecture and design practices on workplace, hospitality or retail projects.
- Proven experience in similar technical design / technical role.
- Possess a strong understanding of joinery and manufacturing processes.
- Have a meticulous eye for detail.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign. NBS Spec advantageous.
This is a great opportunity for a capable technical designer to join a vibrant and collaborative team with the goal of delivering bespoke interiors across multiple sectors. Looking to interview immediately, apply now with your CV and sample portfolio.