Part time Financial Controller
A well-established M&E building services consultancy practice located in Central London is recruiting for a part time financial controller / management accountant who will oversee and manage the finance function from start to finish. The role will report to the managing director and will be responsible for day-to-day running of the finance functions.
- Maintain company’s rolling twelve-month cash-flow projections.
- Issue of sales invoices in accordance with project cash-flow fee schedules.
- Credit control and debt recovery.
- Manage all aspects of purchase ledger.
- Monthly & EOY payroll processes in conjunction with external accountants, including P11Ds, HMRC PSA.
- Credit card, petty cash and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain Sage 50 accounts.
- Submit quarterly VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Accruals & prepayments.
- Maintain project costing, time and billing system, reporting project profitability & WIP.
- Preparation and coordination of annual statutory accounts and tax computations with external accountants.
- Anticipate and report any potential financial issues or concerns.
- Maintain working relationships with company’s Bankers and HMRC.
- Liaise with company’s PI and office insurers providing necessary financials for annual cover.
- Assist with the preparation of fee submissions.
Skills and Experience
- A recognised accounting qualification.
- Continuous experience in a small-to-medium-sized practice.
- Strong background working in creative professional services and a project billing environment.
- Strong IT skills including sound knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of presenting financial and project information to senior management.
- Knowledge of project finance systems - Skynet software an advantage.
The successful candidate must be highly organised, conscientious and confident with an eye for detail and accuracy, excellent communication skills, awareness of confidentiality, and a positive attitude. Excellent time management and an ability to multi-task will be essential.