Loved and well-known British luxury retail brand is on the lookout for a lead/senior designer to lead the small design team in Central/North London.
As lead designer you’ll manage and mentor the Midweight Graphic Designer and Junior Graphic Designer on all aspects of the graphic design process from concept to completion. You will lead the development and production of digital & print based graphics for the company sub brands across UK and International markets. You must strive for excellence in all aspects of your role and will be responsible for ensuring all creative produced is on brand, on budget and on time.
You will contribute to the Marketing department strategy, which will in turn help deliver the overall business strategy. Furthermore, you are an ambassador for the brand and your role is to uphold the brands image at all times.
- To support the Senior Brand Content Manager ensuring all creative produced is consistent, engaging and on brand.
- Overseeing the day-to-day workflow and ad hoc jobs briefed into the design department.
- Working closely with the external agencies to ensure all campaigns are produced on time and to a premium standard.
- To produce seasonal brand guidelines for the in-house team and external partners.
- To oversee and give art direction on any campaign and web model shoots.
- Bringing fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful insight to enhance project quality across print and digital channels.
- Conduct continual analysis of competitor activity across digital marketing channels, by assessing key market trends and keeping up to date with digital design developments.
- Keep up to date with print techniques and broaden pool of suppliers to ensure cost efficiencies and excellent capabilities.
- Developing and implementing visually compelling assets for use across the UK, International and Wholesale websites for the company brands.
- Working closely with the Senior Brand Content Manager, Social Media Manager and Senior Digital Marketing Manager to deliver engaging content for emails, affiliates and social media channels.
- To create inspirational designs for use across multiple devices.
- Ensuring all digital creative produced is on brand, accessible, user friendly and meets best practice standards.
- To ensure online design concepts are being implemented correctly and in a timely manner accommodating E-Commerce work schedules.
- Act with integrity, constructively challenge the capabilities and effectiveness of all digital design content.
- To encourage the development of digital understanding within Creative Services.
- Working with the Channel Marketing & VM Manager, you will help produce a variety of media that encompasses the seasonal brand campaign across full price and outlet stores, including window visuals, in-store graphics and POS.
- Ensure the consistency of the seasonal and generic campaigns are translated across National, International and Wholesale accounts.
- Support VM with seasonal showroom changes by producing relevant and inspiring designs for Large Format Graphics and lookbooks.
- Additional ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out additional ad hoc duties. This may include supporting another store or team member, or project work which impacts on the store or the wider business.
- Excellent InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Graphic Design, experience within the fashion retail sector is essential
- Proven experience leading a Graphic Design team
- Detail orientated, self-motivated and highly organised
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work to various demands and deadlines
- Positive and approachable attitude to deliver great internal customer experience
- Experience in digital design and excellent knowledge of print production and artworking techniques
- A talent for investing in people and bringing out the best in your team, guiding, supporting and challenging them to grow as designers and produce the best content possible for the brand.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior designer to lead, take on responsibility and accountability for a very reputable and creative brand. The company offers a fantastic culture, work life balance, flexi time, generous product discount and monthly social events.