Senior Integrated Designer
Our Berkshire based client is on the lookout for a Senior Designer with a positive attitude and proven track record in creating some beautiful eye catching and high quality work to join their buzzy studio!
- You must have a flair for generating original conceptual ideas and be able to provide well considered creative design solutions.
- As part of the branding process have the ability to design for web.
- Good communication skills are essential as you will be required to convey concepts and ideas effectively to the development team as well as taking responsibility for providing continuous direction to artworkers and developers when required.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail, while ensuring that consistency is upheld throughout a project.
- A strong understanding of various print processes, print finishing and digital print systems is essential.
- A good sense of commerciality is key for being able to push the creative boundaries whilst answering client briefs.
- You must be able to challenge briefs to add value where necessary.
- Be responsible for the development of design strategy and concepts, ensuring all assets are designed to the highest standard and within allocated budgets and timeframes.
- Take responsibility for your designs by overseeing and advising your peers during the development process, including briefing other team members, with particular attention to consistency.
- Perform regular quality assurance checks to ensure the work is being carried out to the highest standards, giving appropriate design advice and highlighting areas of success and improvement.
- To help develop and direct more junior members and support all members of the design team and ‘act up’ when required.
- Attend and contribute during conference calls or face-to-face meetings with the client.
- Provide the Sales and Account Management team with support where required.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of all aspects of the design industry including being aware of new trends, being active on social media creative outputs, printing techniques etc.
- Ability to be creative while understanding the requirements of a corporate environment.
- To have due-diligence and ownership with your work whilst not being precious.
- Demonstrate creative and proactive thinking and make decisions within authority.
- Work effectively in all situations – completely unaided both within the design team and in collaboration with other departments.
- Have the ability to manage your time and prioritise your workload, multi-task and adapt to changing requirements.
- Follow company processes and recommend appropriate changes to enhance working practices.
Experience and qualifications:
- Educated – preferably to degree level or an equivalent qualification in design.
- Have minimum 8 years’ experience in an established design agency environment.
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Sketch, Craft or InVision advantageous.
- Strong understanding of branding and its value.
- Conceptually led thinking and exceptional typography skills a must.
- Experience of implementing and ensuring compliance to brand guidelines.
- Fully conversant with all stages of the print/publication production process.
- Knowledge of website design (Responsive web design and multi-touch devices, UX, UI).
- Basic photography skills, HTML/coding experience, illustration and animation are a bonus