Sainsbury’s Home and Argos Home are currently looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join our Furniture team. You will develop and deliver successful product ranges across bedroom, bathroom, lounge, dining, occasional furniture and outdoors.
We will look to you to deliver inspirational designs that support the values of the category vision and manage relationships with suppliers and the design teams behind the suppliers to create original, exclusive products.
We are looking for an experienced, commercially minded designer to join our strong, passionate and successful team. Think you have what we are looking for? Then apply today and start your career at Sainsbury’s Argos.
As a Senior Designer your responsibilities will be:
- Manage the delivery of the design strategy and our Non-Food Divisional Objective
- Design commercial and competitive product ranges - be aware of competitors and demonstrate awareness of this through design
- Be a product expert - follow the development of the product from concept design to launch, liaising with PD teams, product technologists and buyers
- Ensure you identify new product opportunities and innovation with quality and cost in mind, while adhering to the critical path
- Adhere to safety, quality and legal requirements
- Set quality standards through continually benchmarking and monitoring performance of new product developments in the marketplace against our competitors
- Be accountable for your team and to act as a coach and leader, sharing innovation and product trend. Manage, motivate and lead your team, regularly assessing individuals’ performance and giving feedback where appropriate
- Have a sound knowledge of market share and analysis of market data to generate a clear product strategy
- Be an entrepreneur - treat your area of design with integrity and build relationships with key suppliers and stakeholder
- Lead and show leadership values
- Understand our customer - design with the customer at the heart of what we do.
Your experience will include:
- Recent relevant design experience in a comparable product design and development role
- Knowledge of brand management and a track record of delivering creativity with proven commercial results
- Relevant technical experience for given product range/ extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and working with suppliers
- Able to influence & communicate successfully across diverse audience
- Relationship management and time management skills are critical
- Experience of team management
- Strong planning and executing skills
- Computer literate with the ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator to a high standard
- Up to date knowledge of retail and consumer trends
- Critical path management
- Experience of Far East travel and Manufacturing
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience working within the creative industries within a relevant sector
- A degree or similar training in Furniture Design
- A sound understanding of Solid Works, Adobe Suits and CAD
What I need to show
- Demonstrate credibility with stakeholders, displaying a range of influencing styles
- Looks outside of Sainsbury’s to improve the way that we do things
- Enable the team to focus on the customer and make decisions based on customer feedback
- Address difficult issues and performance management
- Identify missing opportunities and implements within product category
- Develop coach and leader
- Cross functional working
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.