Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer | Retail | Nottinghamshire | £55k + £6k Car Allowance + Bonus
My client is a real success of the British retail industry having been established over 80 years ago, now have over 400 stores in the UK and are rapidly expanding their online presence.
They are now looking for a self-motivated, talented Senior Product Designer to make an impact on a range of product categories and see their influence shape the future of a well-established brand.
- Responsible for using core design skills to input into the design of products across a wide range of product landscapes
- using in-depth understanding of the manufacturing lifecycle, work in partnership with manufacturers to influence and facilitate new production techniques to promote functional improvements on products and efficiencies
- Increase the capacity, capability and productivity of the product design team
- Over seeing tooling with sign off rights for production
- New production development innovations from ideation through to retail ready prototypes, utilising customer insights and working with brand management
- Accountable for design of new products to meet project timescales, annual sales targets, KPI's and ROI's
Skills & Experience
- Excellent design skills demonstrating an innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven experience in product brand desirable
- Significant understanding of reverse engineering
- Rapid prototype and 3D Printing
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent skills in Rendering and CAD Software
- Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- In-Depth understanding of manufacturing process in order to approve of tooling drawings
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please apply and include your portfolio if appropriate.
We consider every application and will get back to you with a decision as soon as possible.
NU Creative Talent and our clients value diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.