Design Director - Retail
This is a position with a studio quickly gaining a reputation for innovative retail design, recognised for their expertise in interactive environments. Having won several new projects the director needs to add a design director to their ranks to lead the projects and the teams.Projects include retail stores, showrooms, dealerships, shopping centres, in-store merchandising and exhibitions.
- Generate and present concept work internally and externally.
- Act as an integral member of the client facing team on key projects.
- Run a mix of medium & large-scale projects for different clients simultaneously.
- Input into the early insights and strategy stages of design projects.
- Take active involvement in the full design process – from concept generation through to execution.
- Take a pro-active and hands-on approach to the overall concept design and visualisation of creative work.
- Assist team leaders with the guiding and mentoring of junior designers.
- Manage time effectively to adhere to agreed project timelines and budgets.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in creative idea generation and development along witha challenging outlook to creative briefs.
- Thorough understanding of the complete customer / visitor journey from digital to physical.
- Confident hand sketching and visualisation capabilities.
- Exceptional presentation, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite, Vectorworks, Cinema4D and be instrumental in sharing this knowledge with other members of the team.
- Proactive approach to technology, software and industry innovations.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a studio that is quickly becoming one of the key players in retail design. By joining now, the successful designer, will play an instrumental role in the growth and success of the studio.