Interiors Project Manager (Retail)
Mid-Weight Retail Project Manager | Vectorworks | Permanent | London
Highly acclaimed boutique retail design and branding agency seek a highly proficient project manager with a design background to join their dynamic team.
- The job holder will be responsible for winning and managing client projects from inception to sign off of final accounts.
- The role is responsible for taking the client's brief and managing the expectations of the client to ensure that the brief is met successfully, that is to say, on time, on budget and to the required standard.
- The role will liaise with our manufacturing partners to ensure that the project is delivered and completed successfully, which is to say on time, on budget and to the required standard.
- The position will require the post holder to take a supportive role in managing the company's health and safety by both engendering a safe working culture, complying with safe practices of work.
This position has budgetary responsibility for the cost of the client's projects.
Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Managing projects from initial client brief through production to final implementation and installation, strictly following the guidelines in the latest Project Manager Training Pack.
- Sourcing of materials, manufacturing partners and suppliers required for assigned projects.
- Quoting of projects at maximum profitability within client's budgets.
- Briefing design team where relevant, supporting and monitoring work throughout.
- Responsible for setting up and adhering to production timelines ensuring all key dates and deadlines are met
- Ensuring that costs are maintained within set budgets throughout project and all relevant PO's are raised at time of order
- Monitoring the progress of projects: managing crew and maintaining quality of production at our Ditchling branch and at external suppliers
- Arranging and overseeing delivery and installation of projects on agreed completion dates (on-site where applicable)
- Ensuring effective communication with clients, account managers, crew and suppliers
- Updating Project List and Timesheets on WorkflowMax weekly/daily for Weekly Team Meeting
- Finding and securing new manufacturing partnerships to improve profitability and service offering
- Sketching ideas and creating moodboards - if skills allow, creating design visuals as well as technical production plans occasionally
- Achieve specified monthly and annual profitability targets
- Attending client meetings with view to building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
- Updating Marketing dept. after new client meetings and supporting dept. through regular feedback and suggestions. Update Marketing Calendar with key client events.
- Keeping abreast of industry challenges and trends to offer expert solutions to client's needs
- Recruiting and developing own Assistant Project Manager Intern
Health, Safety and Maintenance
- Attend and contribute at weekly team meetings and project meetings, following up any actions as a result
- Be responsible for your own health safety and welfare and to ensure the health, safety and welfare of those working on your project
- Ensure your own competency levels by requesting appropriate training
Person Specification - Technical
- Project Management experience (3-5 years minimum in a similar environment)
- Winning new business and retaining clients
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing (industry specific)
- Site Fit-out experience
- Retail industry experience - either agency or client side
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of Planning Policies and UK building guidelines
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator or CAD skills (Advantageous)
- A 3D package such as Vectorworks (Advantageous)
- A degree/similar qualifications in an appropriate field
- First Aid at Work Certificate (Advantageous)
- Managing Safely Qualification (or similar) (Advantageous)
Person Specification - Personal
- Excellent interpersonal and client-handling skills
- Excellent Creative skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Highly efficient and organised
- Business awareness and interest
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Advanced Presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Planning and problem solving skills
- Initiative and self-confidence
- Ability to contribute to a team effort
- Interest in retail design industry trends and developments
If you are interested in this Mid-Weight Retail Project Manager role, please contact Niharika Samuel or apply online.
Kindly ensure BOTH your CV and Portfolio are attached in your application.