Finance manager required for a south London-based creative design agency that combines the design of food, drink and architecture. This is an autonomous role to establish, implement and monitor the company's financial policies. An interest in experiential design would be advantageous.
- Develop and drive new financial systems and processes.
- Full responsibility for accurate and timely management accounts.
- Manage our project management and costing software and train new starters in correct use.
- Regular production of management accounts and P/L account overviews.
- Run month-end reports, job profit reviews and analyses.
- Lead year-end accounts with external accountants.
- Produce a forecast of annual revenue, cash flow and month-by-month variances.
- Conduct company budget reviews.
- Create financial job summaries and reports.
- Set-up automatic paid invoice checking system.
- Lead monthly financial meeting with the management team.
- Lead monthly internal financial Q&A sessions with project teams.
- Responsible for financial forward billing template and updating thereof.
- Responsible for project management system integration with Sage.
- Research capital expenditure.
- Lead internal financial workshops.
- Responsible for all book-keeping working on Sage50.
- Process and reconcile debit and credit card receipts.
- Follow up missing invoices with staff and suppliers.
- Undertake the bank reconciliation and all other banking requirements such as payments.
- Perform quarterly VAT returns.
- Run monthly job reports.
- Post monthly payroll journals.
- Debt management.
- File and management of all paperwork.
- Perform other administrative duties as and when required.
Skills and Experience
- Good accountancy and financial management experience.
- Ideally, part-qualified CA or ACCA.
- Competent in Sage.
- Competent in Excel.
- Auditing experience a bonus.
- Strong commercial acumen, entrepreneurial and business awareness
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.