Mid-weight / Senior Designer
1 day left
- Job Functions
Mid-weight / Senior Designer
Events, exhibition & temporary installations 2 & 3-dimensional designer working on highly creative and innovative private and corporate projects. The role encompasses all aspects of the design process from initial concept creative, design development and rationalisation through to technical drawings and site installation overview.
- Highly creative designer with a passion for creating cutting edge, innovative and exciting design.
- Good all-round design skills from creative concept generation through to technical drawing production.
- Experience in creating and delivering highly creative events, exhibition and interior projects.
- Has a good understanding of construction methodology for the production of construction drawings.
- Ability to work closely with the wider team, Production and Construction Managers, in realising the design.
- Good sketching and drawing ability.
- Highly motivated individual with a hands-on can-do attitude.
- Has a good understanding of the commercial aspects of delivering designs.
- A strong team player with the ability to also work independently. Responsibilities will include: General
- Overseeing the design and delivery of assigned projects.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Undertake and manage the creative production and presentations of assigned projects.
- Attention to detail and accurate in execution of work.
- Working closely with the Production Managers to ensure projects are designed and delivered to budget, quality and agreed programme.
- Proactive attitude with a solution orientated attitude.
- Ability to create and produce innovative and highly creative design solutions.
- Ability to work to agreed brief and direction of the Creative Director.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director being the design lead on assigned projects.
- Ability to work to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working on both creative design from an initial brief or from a supplied concept.
- Ability to think creativity across all aspects of the project including design, use of budget or construction method.
- Good understanding of materials and ﬁnishes.
Technical Drawing Deliveries and Workshop Production
- Interpreting and developing conceptual designs to produce construction drawings for manufacture.
- Good knowledge of production and manufacturing process and techniques.
- Good understanding of construction detailing.
- Producing drawings to the agreed requirements and standards for workshop and CNC production.
- Overseeing workshop production.
- Answering and resolving any workshop queries.
- Production of information and drawings required for installation.
Skills and Qualiﬁcations
- Relevant BA (hons) qualiﬁcation or above.
- Mac Proﬁcient
- Vectorworks Proﬁcient (3D an advantage)
- SketchUp and Adobe CS proﬁcient
- InDesign an advantage
- Strong sketching ability.
- A good team player.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good understanding of materials and relevant construction techniques for the Industry.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to understand and see the bigger picture, understanding the business implications of your decisions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Apply for Mid-weight / Senior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly