This company manufactures stylish contemporary furniture to some of the top and best known retail names globally.
Constantly growing they seek a creative designer to oversee the creation of upwards of 20 ranges a year. Applicants should be prepared for a fast turnaround of ideas and solutions.
Objectives and requirements:
- Coordinating the product design process daily with require frequent video chats with the teams in China so clear and concise communication is expected
- You will be managing one junior designer and also have responsibility for coordinating with freelance designers
- Flexible, all round skills will be used for the design of exhibition stands, creating client presentations using SolidWorks and collection themes
- To plan timescales, hit deadlines and manage developments to achieve business objectives set by management
- There will be travel for sample development in China and Vietnam and to furniture shows
- 4+ years of experience in full-time design employment with good problem-solving skills are sought
- Keep up-to-date with the choice of materials including timber, glass and steel
More importantly they are seeking candidates with the following attributes: ownership, leadership, communicator, coachable. organized, helpful, assertive but personable and a contributor.