Mid-Weight Furniture Designer
Our Client, a world renowned bespoke interiors brand are seeking a MID-WEIGHT DESIGNER to join their team in London.
Some of their portfolio includes luxury, bespoke designs for home furniture, accessories and cabinetry, which fuse innovation, quality and exquisite craftsmanship.
You will find our Client's Products in their own flagship stores, as well as in some of the most prestigious stores in Central London and the West End. Throughout their production stage, they collaborate with a number of highly skilled craftsmen and women from specialised workshops all over Great Britain, trading both in the UK and across high-end international markets. Due to their reputation and design excellence, the brand has a strong media and press presence, through attendance at high-profile design/art shows and high-class social events.
Our client has built their name in the market through solid heritage-based craftsmanship meeting cutting edge innovation and managed to preserve their values impeccably over the last few decades. Their award-winning team is seeking an individual with a trained eye for designed craftsmanship, paired with a genuine passion to deliver excellence and create products that are beautiful, disruptive and built to last.
You must be able to demonstrate the following skills within your portfolio/CV:
- Proficiency in 3D modelling and rendering packages for the production of photo-realistic renders and visualisation
- AutoCAD + Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot / 3DSMax + Adobe Suite
- Previous experience in a similar environment designing luxury / bespoke / exquisite / high-end / top-tier furniture / accessories, with a clear emphasis on fine design detailing / craftsmanship
- Design degree or similar higher education qualification - e.g. Furniture Design / Furniture & Product Design
- A solid understanding of manufacturing, assembly processes and materials
- CMF expertise
- Keen graphic design eye
- Excellent technical drawing skills paired with time management skills
Main duties/responsibilities: Product Designer
- Accept design briefs
- Undertake R&D [Research and Development] for live projects
- Produce concept sketches and CAD models with high quality renders
- Attend client meetings when appropriate
- Produce thorough technical drawings with sound practical knowledge
- Assist with the review and sign-off of manufacturer drawings and specifications of design
- Liaising with suppliers on details of drawings
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with external workshops
- Visiting suppliers when required
- Producing design amendments where necessary
- Provide some training support of CAD programs within the team
- Attend client meetings
- Report to the Head of Design
- Collaborate with other departments in an atmosphere that is conducive to new levels of creativity and innovation
- Work with the wider team to continuously explore and develop best practice within the department [Head of Design, Creative Director, Sales Team] and other disciplines
- Assist in driving new product development and innovation
- Fair team-player and a collaborative approach to work
- Highly creative, with a good eye for design
- Interest in design and willingness to follow design directives and client requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Results-driven, with excellent prioritisation of workload and deadlines
- Understanding of project budgets, realistic costings and project timelines
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate others
- Proactive self-starter, conscientious and dynamic
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile
Full driving licence.
Depending upon experience.
Please submit your application in writing, by providing us with your CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio.