Design Director, Architecture - UAE
A global practice requires a design director to join their office in the UAE to lead design excellence in the office. The design studio is commercially lead and retains a high quality design aesthetic internationally. They are a tier one design practice covering residential, commercial & hospitality in architecture and interior design and have won numerous local and international awards.
This role is key to championing design excellence, leading exceptional design quality for teams, projects and guiding clients.
- Responsible for design standards across the office.
- Lead teams and large-scale projects across a variety of sectors.
- Liaising with PR / sales and marketing to work on competitions and new bids.
- Responsible for staff reviews, resourcing talent and mentoring junior teams.
- Business development, networking of new and existing clients.
- Hands-on with design, concept and developing the design narrative.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the UAE / Gulf markets.
- Proven track record of designing and leading world class projects.
- Experience of working at concept – tender of medium - large complex projects in the EMEA region.
- Strength in retaining the original design intent through implementation stages.
- Registered architect.
Samples must be included in the application for review, only those with unprecedented portfolios will be shortlisted.