Midweight Visualisation Artist
Position: Midweight Visualisation Artist
Our client is a large leading visualisation studio located in the heart of London. They produce some of the highest quality visuals, interactive, VR and film in the industry. They work with the world's top architects and property developers.
The idea candidate will be a 3DS Max lighting and post-production artist with a passion for creating beautiful, bold visual compositions. An evolving understanding of the fundamentals of image-making is essential. A competent knowledge of your chosen 3D software is a given. Post-production capability is required, and Midweight Artists are expected to work hard to build on this. You have a restless obsession for making everything better, whatever it takes, and this makes you a harsher critic of your own work than anyone else will ever be. You can independently develop strong and whenever possible, innovative, imagery. You look anywhere and everywhere for inspiration; and you drag other artists into reviews of the visual universe at every opportunity. You believe creativity (visual or technical) is the answer to all problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- All artists responsible for contribution to assets library; harvesting sets, models and materials in the process of delivering live jobs
- Working with Senior Artists to implement new workflows and processes; contributing to the continuous evolution of the studio
- Produce great visuals and work to continually improve on creative output
- Look for own creative inspiration and build this into workflow
- Seek critique of own work and initiate team critique; take criticisms on board
- Be design aware; able to correctly interpret and interrogate design data plans/elevations)
- Estimating timescales and working within time constraints
- Work with more senior artists and Project Managers on project delivery
- Ensure best-practice communication protocols are followed, our approach is; face-to-face, phone, email
- Expected to attend client meetings fully prepared and engage with parties in attendance
- 2-4 years' experience in one or more of the following fields: architectural, architectural visualisation, digital or technical illustration, concept art or matte painting, fine art (if some proven Photoshop knowledge)
- All round visualisation skills; 3DS Max, Vray and Corona required software, with excellent knowledge of Photoshop, UE4 experience is considered a bonus
- High standard of personal efficiency in 3D and post-production
- Excellent attention to detail
- Photography and drawing skills considered a bonus
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.