Bespoke Design Engineer
This company offer a wide range of market focused and design-led products for the building and construction sectors and are continuously evolving their product range and breaking new ground with acclaimed, industry-leading concepts.
They seek a Bespoke Design Engineer to undertake the design, development and detailing of feasible solutions and products for manufacture. . You will also be undertaking simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping and producing fully detailed 3D models for manufacturing purposes.
Objectives and requirements
- You will be providing technical advice and project support to internal and external customers so good communication and customer skills will be needed
- 3+ years’ experience working within a design environment for a technical / specialist products company are sought
- You will need experience using 3D CAD software and will be expected to use SolidWorks in this role
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design would be beneficial
- Part of the role will be to problem solve so a solution based approach will be beneficial
- Excellent time management and organisation skills are needed for the successful completion of projects
- Good sketching skills would be advantageous