Workshop Manager - event and set design
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this theatrical design and production company and take the lead in running their 14,000 sq. ft. workshop and yard production space.
This family-run business produce and deliver a diverse range of sets and props for events, product launches, exhibitions, sampling campaigns and experiential marketing projects with high levels of customer service and quality finishes. They also love dogs and have a special dog creche on site!
As the Workshop Manager you will be responsible for the full end-to-end production build for all projects - taking the lead on production builds from brief through to delivery.
Objectives and Requirements:
- Maintain and organise the workshop space, woodstore, outside yard and storage containers
- Man management experience will be needed in order to oversee the team in the workshop along with a sub contract production team which can vary in size from 1 to 20, depending on each project
- A theatrical or exhibition background would be useful as you will need knowledge of production for a broad range of sets, props, joinery and modular units
- A friendly, respectful and accommodating personality will suit the culture of this company
- As this is working with the ever-changing needs of brands you will often be working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience with software including AutoCAD / SketchUp would be an added benefit
- Qualifications or experience in health and safety compliance and buildings maintenance would also be useful but not essential
Apply for Workshop Manager - event and set design
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly