Lead Landscape Architect
A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit a highly experienced and talented Landscape Architect to work in its London Design office. Though the post is based in London, there are likely to be opportunities for frequent and potentially extended travel outside the UK. The successful candidate will manage landscape design projects and will be likely to have 10 years of experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design environment and be a Chartered member of the Landscape Institute.
- Working on large international projects, predominately within the Middle East
- Producing sustainable concept landscape designs
- Preparing, writing and contributing to Design Stage Reports
- Working together with the Company's other landscape design offices overseas to help carry through concept designs to the detailed landscape design stage
- Working collaboratively with internal design departments and external consultants including urban designers, architects, planners, economists, transportation, lighting and infrastructure engineers etc
- Contributing to deliverables and ensuring that they are submitted on time and to the highest quality
- Preparing landscape designs from concept to detailed level
- Leading the landscape package of site works, with a fully integrated and dynamic relationship between design and construction activities
- Liaising with clients, professional staff including sub-contractors and stakeholders
- Demonstrate a positive attitude at all times whilst understanding the impact of decisions on all aspects of the project
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Candidates will be expected to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
- A bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture/Design and preferably a postgraduate degree/diploma in Landscape architecture
- At least 10 years' of relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment and of managing large and complex urban planning and master planning projects
- A sound understanding of detail landscape design and a good technical knowledge
- Excellent design, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Initiative, motivation and be a team player
The remuneration package includes:
- Basic monthly salary negotiable in accordance with relevant experience
- Pension scheme minimum 10% Company's contribution
- Salary uplift while working overseas
- Per diem payments while working overseas
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance
If this sounds like something you're interested in or if you would like to discuss similar roles, apply now or get in touch! Tel: 0203 680 0640 Email:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Apply for Lead Landscape Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly