Senior Urban Planner / Designer
A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf
States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit Senior Urban Designers to work in its London Design
Studio. Though the posts are based in London, there are likely to be opportunities for frequent and
potentially extended travel outside the UK.
- Leading and assisting on the design of master planning and urban design projects
- Acting as Group Leader or Project Manager on projects
- Coordinating and managing the technical inputs of other consultants within the business and external consultants
- Writing reports and creating presentations, drawings and other deliverables and ensuring that they are submitted on time and to the highest quality
- Writing and preparing proposals for new projects, evaluating scopes of work and structuring proposals
- Interacting with clients through meetings and presentations
- Supervising, managing and mentoring of junior staff including urban planners & designers and interns
- Candidates will be expected to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months
- A bachelor degree in Urban Planning or Architecture and preferably a postgraduate degree/diploma in Urban Design
- At least 5 years' relevant work experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment and of managing large and complex urban planning and master planning projects
- Excellent planning and presentation skills, initiative, motivation and be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent knowledge of current best design practice and sustainable development
- Thorough knowledge of the design and planning process and the role of all necessary disciplines within project team
The remuneration package includes:
- Basic monthly salary negotiable in accordance with relevant experience
- Pension scheme minimum 10% Company's contribution
- Salary uplift while working overseas
- Per diem payments while working overseas
- Medical insurance
- Travel insurance
If this sounds like you or you want to find about similar roles, please get in touch! Tel: 0203 680 0640 Email:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.