Designer - Retail
We're looking for a designer with retail experience to join our clients London studio!
You will be responsible for designing projects for clients.
The role is responsible for taking the client’s initial brief and producing designs that will inspire and delight the client give constraints of time scales, budgets, manufacturing possibilities and appropriate materials.
The role will liaise with the Project Manager to ensure that the client design is as accurately interpreted so that the project management team are able to deliver the project on time, on budget and to the required standard quality.
- Attending client meetings to take new design briefs and brainstorm ideas
- Managing design projects from initial client brief through design processes to delivery
- Quoting of design projects at maximum profitability within clients’ budgets.
- Hand sketching up concepts and creating mood boards for client presentations
- Creating final rendered visuals to a high standard
- Creating scaled technical production drawings
- Presenting final designs in client meetings
- Achieve specified profitability targets
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in small business development, at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong small business understanding and sales focused
- Retail industry experience essential
- Working knowledge and experience in digital marketing including; SEO, PPC and Google Analytics
- A degree/similar qualifications preferable
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in Wordpress advantageous
- Highly efficient, organised, a strong planner, problem solver with great time management/prioritisation skills
- An ability to work on a large number of tasks at any one time under tight deadlines, working under pressure
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite an advantage
Health, Safety and Maintenance
- Attend and contribute at weekly team meetings and project meetings, following up any actions as a result
- Always keep your timesheets up to date so that the Finance Dept. can create effective Project Profitability reports
- Be responsible for your own health safety and welfare and to ensure the health, safety and welfare of those working on your project
- Ensure your own competency levels by requesting appropriate training
- Person Specification - Technical
- Relevant commercial experience (3-5 years minimum in a similar environment)
- Advanced Photoshop
- Advanced Illustrator skills
- A 3D package such as 3D Studio Max
- Good hand sketching skills
- Advanced CAD skills
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing (industry specific)
PLEASE NOTE - Without retail design experience, hand sketch skills and advanced CAD skills you will not be considered or contacted for regarding this role.
For the full spec please get in touch!