Retail Project Manager
The superstar candidate will be responsible for winning and managing client projects from inception to sign off of final accounts.
The role is responsible for taking the client’s brief and managing the expectations of the client to ensure that the brief is met successfully, that is to say, on time, on budget and to the required standard.
The role will liaise with our manufacturing partners to ensure that the project is delivered and completed successfully, which is to stay on time, on budget and to the required standard.
The position will require the post holder to take a supportive role in managing the company’s health and safety by both engendering a safe working culture, complying with safe practices of work.
Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Managing projects from initial client brief through production to final implementation and installation, strictly following the guidelines in the latest Project Manager Training Pack. Sourcing of materials, manufacturing partners and suppliers required for assigned projects.
- Quoting of projects at maximum profitability within clients’ budgets
- Briefing design team where relevant, supporting and monitoring work throughout
- This position has budgetary responsibility for the cost of the client’s projects.
- Responsible for setting up and adhering to production timelines ensuring all key dates and deadlines are met
- Ensuring that costs are maintained within set budgets throughout project and all relevant PO’s are raised at time of order
- Monitoring the progress of projects: managing crew and maintaining quality of production at our Lewes branch and at external suppliers
- Arranging and overseeing delivery and installation of projects on agreed completion dates (on -site where applicable)
- Ensuring effective communication with clients, account managers, crew and suppliers
- Updating Project List and Timesheets on Synergist weekly/daily for Weekly Team Meeting
- Finding and securing new manufacturing partnerships to improve profitability and service offering
- Sketching ideas and creating moodboards - if skills allow, creating design visuals as well as technical production plans occasionally Achieve specified monthly and annual profitability targets
- Attending client meetings with view to building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients
- Updating Marketing dept. after new client meetings and supporting dept. through regular feedback and suggestions.
- Update Marketing Calendar with key client events.
- Keeping abreast of industry challenges and trends to offer expert solutions to clients’ needs
- Recruiting and developing own Assistant Project Manager Intern
- Project Management experience (3-5 years minimum in a similar environment)
- Winning new business and retaining clients
- Excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing (industry specific)
- Site Fit-out experience
- Retail industry experience – either agency or client side
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
- Understanding of Planning Policies and UK building guidelines
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator or CAD skills
- A 3D package such as Vectorworks
- A degree/similar qualifications in an appropriate field Essential
- First Aid at Work Certificate Advantageous
- Managing Safely Qualification (or similar) Advantageous