Our London based client is growing, and their Retail team are looking for an experienced 3D Designer - Retail & Environments, to be part of their fun, collaborative team.
The Retail Designer will support the retail experience from the design, creation, and execution of retail stores, fixture overhauls, fixture updates, POS display’s, shop in shops, for both domestic and international key channels of distribution.
This candidate must be highly detail-oriented with a positive work ethic and a love for design. The Designer must be able to conceptualise and design elements that can enhance shopper experience and brand positioning in this competitive market. Knowledge on Digital and Retail Technology will be an advantage.
Point of sale and fixture design at retail, over architectural or conceptual retail design, or store retail designers is what we need to see!
Daily Duties -
- Undertaking design project from concept to completion for all domestic and international markets;
- Defining project requirements and schedule during the brief;
- Interpreting and translating customer needs and industry trends into plans;
- Working closely with Senior Retail Designers, Production Head and Account Management team to develop creative brand experiences (2D/3D) across multiple brand environments;
- Create photorealistic 3D design concepts that meet strategic and functional goals;
- Prepare 2D sketches and 3D renderings using various software’s and develop detailed scale technical drawings and models;
- In coordination with Account management team, present ideas to clients including Layouts, structures, display, graphics, colours, textures and details;
- Consider the requirements of construction, installation and fit-out with an awareness of properties of materials;
- Produce samples and mood boards;
- Supervise work delivery in coordination with the Production Head;
- Research and follow industry trends, evolution and best practices;
- Dealing with external contractors and architects whenever required;
- Recommend and integrated digital technology elements with retail that can enhance shopper experience;
We want you to have -
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design;
- Substantial retail/interior design experience, preferably with Electronic and Mobile brands;
- Master/ Bachelor in industrial design, furniture design, architecture or interior design;
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD and 3D CG tools (3D Max, Solid works, Rhino 3D, V-Ray, etc.) as well as 2D graphic tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.);
- Excellent illustration and rendering skills;
- Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
- Proven working experience in decorating retail and interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions);
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative;
- An understanding of retail customers, their preferences, buying behaviour and retail trends;
- The ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to present your ideas to clients and colleagues;
- Good organisational abilities and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure with conflicting priorities;