This is an opportunity to join a growing central government design studio, working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented Animator/Designer to join our expert design team and produce engaging and visually striking animations and designs. With strong animation skills, you will be equally happy to deliver animations or designs across a broad range of briefs from branding to online publications. You are naturally motivated, work well independently, are ambitious and have an exceptionally positive attitude.
If you’re passionate about animation and design with a portfolio demonstrating a range of creative projects then we would love to hear from you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- delivering engaging animation and design solutions for a range of client needs including: animations, storyboards, motion graphics, animated gifs, dynamic infographics, branding, publications, illustrations, campaigns and digital designs
- interpreting the client's business needs, understanding the audience, considering practical solutions and developing ideas and creative concepts which you’ll deliver effectively
- working with communication colleagues, clients and stakeholders to discuss the business objectives and requirements of every job
- working to agreed deadlines and budgets, adhering to brand guidelines and relevant industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- keeping the Project Management System up to date, adding tasks and logging time spent on each project to support the collation of management information and the invoicing of clients
- present finalised ideas and concepts to clients, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work is on brief
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and communicating progress to the client team or directly to clients
- incorporating client feedback amending designs accordingly
- delivering excellent customer service, demonstrating an understanding of clients’ priorities and constraints, providing clear and timely communications and joining up across delivery partners
- working effectively as part of a team with copywriters, printers, other designers and members of the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- an eye for detail and a passion for motion graphics
- excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on After Effects and Illustrator
- qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject or equivalent experience
- excellent typographic and animation skills
- illustration skills
- familiarity with accessibility principles and guidelines
- passion about best practice in motion graphics and awareness of emerging design trends and technologies in the discipline
- creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain ideas
- ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- good teamworking skills
It’s an advantage if you have:
- skills in Cinema 4D and Animate CC
Your application should include a CV and covering letter.
Please include, or provide a link to, a portfolio or showreel including examples of your work.
To find out more or apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button, follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 19350.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 27th August 2018 at 23:55pm