Job Description | August 2018
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Salary: £ 30,000.00 + depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours with occasional events
Reporting to: Directors
The role of the Communications Manager is to assume ultimate responsibility for the operations and activities of Isomi’s communications output; and to conceive, create and deliver strategies in accordance with our business objectives and brand identity.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our exciting company and to establish a senior position within the business leading our communications department.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Communications Manager include:
- Developing and integrating bespoke communications strategies, marketing calendars and digital marketing strategy alongside directors to co-ordinate long-term business strategy for Isomi
- Create and define new processes and systems to improve our communications efficiency from a quality, speed and cost point of view
- Work closely with the sales, showroom and design team, sharing industry trends, insights and provide feedback for product development, showroom merchandising and sales strategies, and developing case studies for Isomi’s highlighted projects
- Managing the marketing budget across showroom, online and trade show events
- Management of all communications channels and lead the launch of new products for Isomi. Including, but not limited to the website, blog, email marketing, social media channels (including relevant team member channels), printed brochures and flyers
- Co-ordination and management of external agencies including photographers and graphic designers
- Propose and manage showroom events and other relevant experiences to drive footfall in the showroom
- Writing creative engaging copy for releases, blog posts, tweets, invites, emails and anything else that may be required
- Delivering monthly, quarterly and annual communications reports on Isomi activity, industry and agreed commercial KPIs using relevant data analysis tools to constantly improve marketing strategies and to ensure project and company goals are on track
- Use data and analytics for smart and effective marketing decision making
- Representing Isomi appropriately at exhibitions and events, networking and identifying potential opportunities for collaboration
- Develop and define a retention programme to further cultivate high value relationships
- Undertaking any necessary office-management and administration when required
The Communications Manager should have the following skills and traits:
- Experience working in a communications role and having led and completed a number of successful campaigns.
- Previous experience of managing and working collaboratively with a small team, external agencies and senior management teams
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to use various data sources to create a complete picture of results and ultimately an understanding of how to turn statistical insights into actions. Understanding of SEO and the ability to constantly monitor the Isomi website to improve its online presence
- Well organized and the ability to lead and inspire others, and remain calm under pressure, contributing to a positive, teamwork-driven environment
- Strong grasp of social media and an instinct for effective engagement
- Imaginative thinking and a confident approach to sharing ideas with clients/colleagues
- Active advocacy of creative culture and self-directed interest in emerging trends within marketing and social media and an ability to apply this research to Isomi initiatives
- Buckets of self-motivation, a can-do attitude and the ability to think around corners
- Excellent writing, communication and organisational skills, attention to fine detail and impeccable spelling and grammar
Isomi’s award-winning reception furniture showcases original British design coupled with unrivalled manufacturing capability. Offering a complete solution for reception and public spaces, Isomi’s pioneering modular furniture systems in solid surface, concrete, hot rolled steel, copper and brass make specifying reception furniture effortless and cost-effective.
Designed by Paul Crofts, Isomi’s standard off-the-shelf components tailor to a vast range of applications, from commercial office, education and healthcare to leisure and beyond. As such, Isomi sets a new standard in production furniture.
Working globally, Isomi’s experienced team ensures that each individual project is delivered with the highest levels of efficiency and customer service. Isomi provides consistent solutions with a versatility that allows limitless application.
Please send a copy of your CV and a single page covering letter expressing your interest and why you might be suitable to Jenny Davies at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this job description, please speak to Jenny Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.