Furniture Designer & Upholstery Prototyper
This company designs contract furniture for high-traffic footfall areas such as receptions and waiting rooms and for high security buildings such prisons.
To help with their growth they seek to fill the new key position of Prototyper.
They ideally want someone that likes a challenge and has lots of initiative as well as upholstery skills. There will be other projects apart from upholstery so they need you to be flexible also
Objectives and requirements:
- To build and amend prototypes for new products being developed
- Using your knowledge in upholstery, fabrics and foam for seating items
- Using hands on carpentry skills to help build the prototypes
- Good numeracy and accuracy for providing dimensions and spec for each piece of furniture
- To use your initiative to solve problems