Position: Creative Director
Our client is a full service marketing communications agency based in London. They are looking to add an experienced Creative Director to the studio team. You’ll be responsible for all design and production staff and freelancers.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- To be a key point of contact with clients, meeting with them and the relevant account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements.
- To interpret the client's business needs and develop a concept to suit their purpose.
- To provide expertise and a creative input from the inception stage of design work through to its final production, where necessary coordinating and guiding the work of other designers and undertaking liaison with customers to ensure initial concepts and ideas are explored and developed to the full
- To present finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers as appropriate
- To work within specified time and budget constraints, logging the time taken to complete each job and submitting time sheets on a daily basis
- To ensure the quality of your work and that of the studio is in accordance with the company’s quality standards and satisfies the client’s brief
- To work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers to ensure projects run smoothly
- Ensure you obtain ‘sign off’ by the client or Account Manager in writing before going to print or going live on the web
- To maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of the latest design trends, techniques and styles (both on and offline)
- Continually improve upon your knowledge of the core design programmes you use (in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- To estimate the time required to complete specific items of work and to provide quotes for account managers to price these projects
- To track and monitor designers’ time and provide reports outlining the time spent on each project to the Managing Director as required
- To proof-read and check all work produced by team members, ensuring the final product is accurate and of high-quality
- Manage staff time to ensure high quality designs are produced from the brief, and that these are within budget and on time
- To manage designers and developers holidays to ensure the studio is covered at all times.
- Undertake regular staff appraisals with studio members and keep written records of all appraisals and other staff incidences
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.