Middleweight Interior Designer
A world renowned design specialist committed to delivering world-class solutions for the built environment in the mixed-use and retail sectors require a middleweight interior designer to join their team of talented architects and designers, due to continued success and growth.
- With guidance design strategy, concept design and the production of detailed working drawings.
- Source reference and carry out research to illustrate a design direction to the clients, working with architects and graphic designers in the project team.
- Produce concept work using hand sketches and a variety of digital and traditional media to a high standard.
- Assemble presentations using a variety of digital and traditional media, particularly Adobe InDesign.
- Source-reference material and carry out research to ensure that materials and products are fit for purpose.
- Produce furniture and finishes schedules.
- Attend site visits with others and liaise with contractors and design / construction team.
- Record design team or site meetings either by minutes, letters, emails or file notes.
- Provide support to any more junior team members.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in interior design, architecture or design-related discipline.
- Proven experience working on concept, schematic and / or detailed stage in interior design projects. Experience of retail projects is highly advantageous.
- Experience of large architectural projects advantageous.
- Sketching and creative skills.
- Proven experience of working from concept to completion stage and ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to produce concept work using hand sketches to a high standard.
- Ability to think through design problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp or an alternative 3D package such as Rhino. Revit would be beneficial.
In return for dedication and commitment the studio offers a lovely working environment within a fast-growing and friendly studio.