Design Studio Manager
4 days left
- Job Functions
- Studio Management
Job Title: Design Studio Manager
Salary Band: B2
Salary: Circa £32,472 per annum pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Hours: Part time
Closing date: midnight on 19/08/2018
This specialist role is responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the design studio: planning, scheduling and managing design work. Together, the Studio Managers oversee the various design projects underway, liaising with clients from across the House and designers to keep work on track. This key coordinating and supervisory role is the first point of contact for clients, and is critical to agreeing clear, effective briefs. Close liaison between the Studio Managers is essential to make sure projects are kept on track, customers are kept up to date, and the designers are clear about their work. The role works closely with the Senior Designer to make sure that work is appropriately resourced, of high quality and delivered on time.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Good knowledge of the design process, particularly how to work with customers to articulate requirements in a way that will get the best from creative designers
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously and to manage competing priorities effectively
- Significant experience in building strong relationships with customers, and of negotiating changes to requirements
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
To apply, please use the House of Commons application form and respond to each of the criteria marked for application stage on the job description.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.