This supplier and designer of show homes throughout the UK enjoy an enviable reputation for delivering and installing beautiful interiors to enhance the saleability of homes on every development. Their knowledge of trend forecasting translates into outstanding design, establishing a careful balance of style and function.
Embarking on an exciting but sustainable growth plan they are seeking two additional members of their design team: 1. Midweight Interior Designer and 2. Trainee Interior Designer.
These roles are to work in the show home market. You will be required to work on a variety of design styles to plan the design of living environments for many major house builders. Working to a brief you will then manage the work of turning a customers requirements into a reality. Designing spaces that are practical for their purpose as well as visually pleasing, bringing our designs to life.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Understanding a project: budgets, target audiences, a customers perfect scenarios
- Accurately interpreting a customers design brief and preferences to create professionally designed schemes per show home
- Reviewing images, previous designs, fabrics and patterns booklets to provide inspiration for new schemes
- Working with the design team to explore creative ideas, understanding and sourcing new products, trends, and solutions.
- Overseeing final production of presentations of boards to illustrate created scheme with furniture
- Creating versatile looks, and adapting styles to fit a customers requirements
Person / Experience Required:
- Relevant University degree or HND
- Knowledge of window and soft furnishing treatments
- IT literate and an understanding of VectorWorks and the Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- A minimum of 3 years working as an Interior Designer, ideally within the show home sector (midweight role)
- Experience of managing project budgets and timelines (midweight role)
- Experience of working of different fabric types, suppliers and furniture styles
- Experience of space planning and scaling
- Creativity and imagination, an eye for proportion / colour / balance
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- Good attention to detail with good drawing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels